The tax season is over, and I hope that everyone has filed or extended their taxes. However, as the season ends, it reminds us that one quarter of the year has already passed. Sadly, the one constant is that on April 15, it was still snowing.
Chapter progress through the first quarter of the year includes:
- The financial condition of the Chapter continues to be strong with an increase in the cash balance for the first quarter of the year.
- The Chapter provided a CPE event “Today’s Taxes” on April 3, 2018. The speaker was Ms.Carol Portman, President of the Taxpayers’ Federation of Illinois (TFI), whom presented excellent insight on the Illinois’s current fiscal situation, the tax changes, and its impact on State governance.
- With the conversion to the IMA Global format for Chapter websites in 2017, we also transitioned to a new e-blast system this year. Comments through the ﬁrst quarter of the year is that communication with the membership has improved. I am more than willing to discuss further enhancement ideas. If anyone has suggestions, e-mail me at email@example.com.
- The board has compiled a roster of the 2018-2019 Board member positions and recommendations. The chapter elections will be held very soon, please watch your email for voting instructions.
- The Board welcomes members to join us for the next CPE event on June 26, 2018. Deloitte & Touche will be providing a quarterly accounting update. More details to follow in coming weeks.
- The Board is also working on scheduling the first fall event for the August/September timeframe. Please wait for future communications regarding details.
The Board looks forward to serving you during the remainder of the 2017 – 2018 fiscal year.
Please feel free to contact the Board or me with questions or issues.
James M. Wilber
President of the Chicago Chapter of the IMA